Summer listening and viewing from UbuWeb

Don't tell me...

I know that at least a handful of people who look in on this blog are also fans of the massive media repository of avant-wonder at UbuWeb. Just a quick note that a whack of new material has been added for summer, including cut-up films by WIlliam S. Burroughs, a good introductory documentary on Jorge Luis Borges entitled “The Mirror Man” and three extensive conversations between John Cage and Morton Feldman that are quite engaging and occasionally mind-bending.

And just because I still run into people who don’t know about them, I urge you to check out Ubu’s MP3’s of Glenn Gould’s CBC Radio shows, especially the “The Search for Pet Clark” (a meticulous and impenetrably ironic dissection of bland sixties pop music) and “The Scene”, in which Gould reveals that in addition to his many other gifts he may well have been the Canadian Peter Sellers.

I am mulling a summer series of blog entries entitled 32 Short Posts about Glenn Gould, which I am sure I would enjoy attempting, but may be well beyond my grasp. Especially since I know nothing about classical music (it’s not Gould’s piano artistry that compells me). Maybe I should do 32 Posts about Elliott Gould instead.

technorati tags:, , , , ,

This entry was posted in Abject Learning. Bookmark the permalink.