Two must-read articles…

Big thanks to Joan Vinall-Cox for cross-posting pointers to a couple very promising pieces on the SocialLearning.ca site:

The current issue of Innovate has a number of interesting articles. I especially recommend Mejias’s Teaching Social Software with Social Software and Ferris’s & Wilder’s Uses and Potentials of Wikis in the Classroom with thier references to Ong’s concept of "secondary orality". The link to the definition of "secondary orality" is especially rewarding.

Ulises Mejias is always worth reading. And the course I’ve taught (and hopefully will teach again) called Text Technologies leans heavily both on wikis and Ong’s Orality and Literacy. So both of these are must-reads for me. (I’ll also be sure to check out Howard Pitler’s piece on Creative Commons.)

This entry was posted in Abject Learning. Bookmark the permalink.