Workshops-a-go-go…

.flickr-photo { border: solid 2px #000000; }
.flickr-yourcomment { }
.flickr-frame { text-align: left; padding: 3px; }
.flickr-caption { font-size: 0.8em; margin-top: 0px; }

003, originally uploaded by leighblackall.

I need to write a follow-up post on my first stint working down at COSL. For now, suffice to say that it was an absolute blast, that I learned a great deal in a very short period of time, and that I feel more fortunate than ever to be engaged with such a fabulous group of gifted, fun and passionate people. Our discussions went in a number of different directions, but as I left we were agreed on an initial project that I think will be most groovy. More on that soon.

But as much as I would like to linger and ponder on the past few days and process a bit, I am co-leading a couple half-day workshops tomorrow, and both of them require more energy and attention than usual. In the morning Jeff Miller and I will facilitate Digital Images and the Web, a primer on the basics of digital photography with special emphasis on how to work the web to republish and to find imagery. I’m not much of a photographer, so I will be leaning heavily on Jeff for a lot of stuff.

In the afternoon, I share facilitation with UBC librarians Joy Kirchner and Hilde Colenbrander for a session on intellectual property and Creative Commons. I’m glad to have a couple of great partners for this one, but I’ve never done a full-length workshop on Creative Commons before, so there’s a lot to be done before this sucker is likely to feel right. If you have suggestions for resources, activities or discussion points please feel free to share either by comment here or adding into the workshop wiki directly.

Now, back to the hypertext mines…