Google does evil…

…but hey, it’s their obligation to their shareholders, right?

It was just their way of having… a bit of fun, the swines. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras web applications.

As a comic in all seriousness, I think it’s good business for the ‘do no evil’ crowd to get in on that health care PR industry scratch. I’d like to get a piece of that action myself. (I’ll take this opportunity to restate my intent to sell out my services, body and/or soul to the highest bidder at Big Money’s convenience, but alas, I’m still waiting for some corporate hack, any corporate hack to make a single reasonably lucrative bid.)

And as the dialogue storm over Sicko builds in its odd, inevitable way, do keep in mind one critical fact. It’s been documented on this weblog and elsewhere that Michael Moore is rather rude.

1 Response to Google does evil…

1. Jim says:

I love it when you quote one of the funniest and bestest posts on Abject Learning ever, for we all know Michael Moore is rude “when confronting corporate criminals and corrupt warmongers.” As for Google’s latest incarnation of evil, it seems strange to me -speaking from squarely within the strangeness mind you- how much we have become willingly dependent on a corporation like Google as if we expect them to behave. As if this benevolent monarch of the capitalist world will do the right thing, because they know it’s right.

I guess I’m not surprised at Google so much, as I am at the fact that I find myself wondering why they would do such a thing as cozy up to billion dollar industries who deal in bullying the public into believing that barbaric practices like an insanely inflated price tag of humane health care is somehow tolerable. I often talk about taking that trip to Italy with my wife and staying there for good, why? Well, they have universal health care, free education, a high quality of life, and a bonafide communist political party -now that is living! The poor rich slobs in the good ol’ USA are getting hoodwinked, fleeced and beaten down by fear, terror, and big interests, and far worse is being down to the poor poor slobs both here and abroad. Well, anyway, Happy 4th of July! For independence is a cause worth celebrating-“independence for whom and from what?” are questions seriously worth considering these days.