Adventures in Retraction

Posted by: | January 23, 2009 | 5 Comments

I didn’t take notes at a debate, and it showed; I misattributed a question during the debates, and when I received a note from someone to bolster a group I immediately jumped on it instead of taking the time to ensure I was talking about the right person.

It was unprofessional of me, and unfair to one Josh Hutchinson, to whom I’d like to apologize.

Comments

5 Comments so far

1. Maria_Jogova on January 23, 2009 10:24 am

I also thought it was Tommy Douglas, voted “Greatest Canadian”, who brought Canada universal health care. He also was a member of what would now be the equivalent of the NDP.

2. Gerald on January 23, 2009 10:33 am

Where’s Tim when you need him? We should invest in some sort of L-G signal.

3. thebusinessstudent on January 23, 2009 10:35 am

Interesting article. After reading it I’m left wondering just how biased the AMS and their “insider” posse really is.

I say this because I am actually the 3rd year transfer student that asked the moderator if the debates were always stacked with plants and hacks.

I don’t know if you are purposely trying to frame Josh to score online college points but yeah… you got the story completely wrong.

And for the record, I was in the crowd filming the debate on behalf of Iggy. I had no intentions of asking a question hence I don’t believe I was in any way a plant.

After watching a dozen of Tim’s close friends ask loaded questions like “who am I and what do I do?” I just had to ask if this was par for the course.

I walked into that debate with no expectations or motives. I left thinking UBC has some rather petty and conniving people dominating the student council.

4. Gerald on January 23, 2009 4:15 pm

nope, that was really just my mistake and nobody else’s; I didn’t doublecheck and I’m glad you called me on it.

5. Jesse Ferreras on January 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Mistakes happen, Gerald. All the time. No need for a witchhunt by Iggy’s supporters.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind