Just because you’re paranoid don’t mean They ain’t after you…

I know I can wobble off the rationality rail sometimes, using apocalyptic and politicized language about restrictions placed by The Man on self-publishing spaces.

But what to make of James Farmer’s edublogs.org being blocked from schools by some faceless, perhaps automated (perhaps not) entity? The phrases that come to my mind in response all contain obscenities. Educators should be singing James’s praises (not to mention cutting him the occasional check to help out with bandwidth) — instead they treat the service like the front edge of a kiddie porn ring.

Via Stephen, who adds that “OLDaily is frequently blocked in Australia – I remember a few weeks ago being shut out of the entire state of Queensland.”

WTF?

Update: D’Arcy just posted a more detailed and more compelling response than I was able to muster…

This entry was posted in Abject Learning. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Just because you’re paranoid don’t mean They ain’t after you…

1. notebook says:

best of the best

2. notebook says:

best of the best