I think I have an unhealthy relationship with cookies.

Having a bad day and need to be cheered up?  Having a good day and want to reward yourself for all your hard work? Having an okay that could be even better? Are you cold? Are you stressed? Are you homesick? Are you just enjoying life?

If you answered yes or no to any of the above questions, you could probably use a cookie. Cookies are, in my opinion, one of the greatest parts of life.  They can make a rainy day seem a little bit brighter, and a sunny day even more sunny. Just imagine yourself walking down Main Mall with a Marbelous from Blue Chip in your hand, the chocolate melting in your mouth… Ahh.

It seems to me that I can find just about any excuse to eat a cookie.  I feel like I should be gaining weight, and yet when I was home at Thanksgiving I had lost five pounds since when I left for UBC.  I guess I’m doing something right. I mean, I think I deserved that Marbelous I ate today, I’ve made a lot of progress on the harp, so I deserved it, right? I haven’t had one in like two weeks, that sort of lessens the bad-ness of it, right?  I have yoga tonight, and I live in Totem so that walk every day is pretty a much a commute in itself, so that makes it okay, right?

Ahahaha, I have a problem.

XO – Samantha.

3 Comments

Filed under Wellness

3 Responses to I think I have an unhealthy relationship with cookies.

1. Kelvin

Cookies are powerful. They are very persuasive and manipulative. I feel I have to buy them every chance I see them. Every time I go to the Delly I’m so tempted to buy them because they’re right there. And let’s not even mention Blue Chip Cookies.

2. Pfft, no such thing as an unhealthy relationship with cookies! :)

3. I have the same problem. I ate a box of butter cookies yesterday (>TT.TT)> I am a fatty