Hello from Vancouver, British Columbia

Hello everyone! My name is Gloria and I am a grade 7 elementary teacher here in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I am taking this course simultaneously with ETEC 590. Yes this is my final term with MET!

This was one of the courses I have wanted to take since the beginning because I am interested in the ways technology can be integrated in the math and science disciplines.

I am looking forward to connecting with all of you!

1. Hi Gloria! I too have had my eye out for this course in particular! Looking forward to working with you! I’d be curious to know how 590 goes for you. I am debating whether to take it or not in my final semester coming up this summer!

2. Hi Gloria,

Great to see a familiar name again! I actually wanted to take this course before as well, but it was full! That’s probably a good sign for things to come.

Looking forward to working with you.

-Lawrence

3. HI Gloria,
    Great to see you in another course and Yay my last as well. This is the first time in my MET journey that I am taking only one course so I am excited to see what it is like. Being from Ontario I do not have to take 590 as a capstone project, I decided to take another elective instead as I decided that I would likely learn more new “stuff” that way. I would be interested in knowing what 590 is like however, because I may want to create my own portfolio in the future anyways.
    I look forward to working with you again,
    Catherine

4. Hi Gloria, Welcome to the course and Happy New Years. The course is a fair amount of work, and it sounds like you will have a good reward at the end, Samia

5. Hi Gloria,

Nice to see a familiar name. I too am looking forward to the integration of technology and the sciences!

Looking forward to learning with you!

6. Hi Gloria,

I am a grade 7 teacher as well and have done my best to incorporate technology into most units of instruction. I look forward to hearing about your experience with technology in the classroom. Is there a resource or program that has changed the structure of your instruction or assessment? I look forward to learning together,

Bryn