Category to select: B. LfU
Due on Friday of Week 8.
Select one of the following three questions that resonate with you and your ongoing awareness of the implications technology has for students, teaching practice, curriculum development, and schools. Write preliminary notes and refine for posting to our discussion forum (see below).
- Using additional literature from the field of science education, what are several conceptual challenges students might have today with understanding Earth Science that LfU might support?
- In what ways would you teach an LfU-based activity to explore a concept in math or science? Draw on LfU and My World scholarship to support your pedagogical directions. Given its social and cognitive affordances, extend the discussion by describing how the activity and roles of the teacher and students are aligned with LfU principles.
- Imagine how LfU principles might be applied to a topic you teach. Now switch out the My World technology. What other domain specific (and non-domain specific) software might help you achieve these principles while teaching this topic? By domain-specific, we mean software designed for STEM education, and by non-domain specific, we mean software or other forms of technology that could be used generally in multiple domains (eg. Wikis). Other GIS software can be selected for the switch.
1. Share one of your entries to the questions above (ensure that your post uses the readings you read in this lesson and quotes from them). Utilize a relevant and interesting subject header to invite readers to your post. Post in advance of the respond by date.
2. Respond to one other blog post by Friday of Week 8. Check the calendar.
3. Inquiry e-folio: If you are doing this for your final assignment, include your response also as an entry in your e-folio.
Posted by jwlewis on July 29, 2017
Posted by Cristina Leo on July 7, 2017
Posted by Kirsten Ocoin on
Posted by momoe on July 6, 2017
Posted by Wanyi Wong on July 5, 2017
Posted by YooYoung on
Posted by seanturn on
Posted by Derek Cowan on
Posted by Jocelynn Mortlock on
Posted by Sarah Winkler on July 4, 2017
Posted by Natalie Roberts on
Posted by Nathan Lott on
Posted by DANIELLE PETERS on
Posted by Gary Ma on
Posted by baljeet gill on
Posted by Michael Hengeveld on
Posted by Allen Wideman on July 3, 2017
Posted by Andrew Yeung on
Posted by Dana Bjornson on March 16, 2017
Posted by samia on March 1, 2017
Posted by Michelle Furlotte on February 26, 2017
Posted by allison kostiuk on February 25, 2017
Posted by tyler kolpin on
Posted by jessica holder on February 24, 2017
Posted by haneefa corbie on