Objective: Students will be able to construct simple circuits, as well as identify the equipment needed to do so.
Materials: Computer lab, wires, light bulbs, batteries, switches.
- Students prior knowledge will be assessed informally through a class discussion. What di students know about circuits; can they give any examples. How do circuits behave.
- Have students create circuits using phet.
- Have students do the same process using the actual materials given to them.
- What happens when the switch is open? Closed?
- Try creating circuits with multiple switches and light bulbs.
- Have students create various circuits given varying numbers of switches and light bulbs.
- Extension: Explain to students the difference between a series circuit and a parallel circuit, have students create both and explain the difference to each other.