TPACK and PCK

My overall understanding about TPACK and PCK is about finding the balance.

Whether it’s finding the balance point between Content Knowledge and Pedagogical Knowledge, or PCK with Technological Knowledge. PCK refers to the finding the best method to teach the content in a way that enhances students’ learning and integrating technology into this creates TPACK.  Like many others also pointed out when using TPACK, innovative teaching methods, keeping current is very important. Using technology effectively in the classroom by knowing which technologies to use for what content can support learning.

I came across this video that explains these models very well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMQiHJsePOM

1. Hi Wanyi,

Thanks for sharing the video; it was a great summary of the TPACK model. I especially appreciated the mention of how collaboration and professional learning communities play vital roles within the model. The appreciation of differences in classroom contexts is crucial as well, and the opportunities to access resources, support, and professional development will vary greatly from school to school, and area to area. The development of a positive school climate around technology integration becomes paramount, especially in schools where access to resources may be limited.

1. I definitely agree that ” development of a positive school climate around technology integration becomes paramount, especially in schools where access to resources may be limited.”