If it’s not one thing…

I apologize to the point of mortification for the quiet in this space. My latest excuse is the troubling meltdown of my laptop — right the now the sucker is comatose. I thought I had backed up my email, but the recovered files are incomplete… my iCal files are inaccessible — hope I haven’t stood anybody up for a meeting — and I have done a poor job of tracking things like URLs and passwords for the million or so systems I access.

On a borrowed machine for now, so everything is taking twice as long as it should. My morale is deteriorating rapidly.

This entry was posted in Administrivia. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to If it’s not one thing…

1. Brian, you bastard! You stood me up!

Kidding. Hope your laptop gets back to life. You can always use Firewire Disk Mode to connect it to another Mac to suck files off of it. (plug a firewire cable between the two machines, and boot the laptop while holding the “T” key – it turns it into an expensive, shiny, external hard drive so you can copy stuff to/from it VERY fast. You can also install the operating system this way if it won’t boot from CD).