On reflection…

It’s 5:00 on Friday, and as I expected the annual project grant proposal that funds our Office’s activites (including my salary) was submitted with minutes to spare. Last year was even more frantic, with myself in Hong Kong and my Director in Las Vegas, frantically swapping documents across the Pacific Ocean.

The pressure seems to have sent at least one of my colleagues running for cover. I don’t blame her… but to be frank the last week has been such an emotional ride, and I am so profoundly sleep deprived, that I feel oddly unaffected, as if I had a lobotomy. Which in a sense I have.

I want to thank the people who were kind enough to offer their sympathies to my last post. In retrospect, I think I let my raw emotional state and exhaustion get the better part of my discretion. I hope it didn’t come across as maudlin self-pity… but I knew I would be performing at a very low level of emotional and energetic presence this week, and at the time I thought I should briefly let people know why.

One heavy deadline down. Onward to the next freakout.

This entry was posted in Abject Learning. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to On reflection…

1. Pingback: The real big news…