Hello from Belgium! A few things of note since I have arrived:
- Most restaurants in Europe (or at least Belgium) don’t give you free water. You have to pay for bottled water.
- Cobblestones are hard on the feet.
- Mons, the town/city we are staying in, is roughly the size of UBC campus.
- No matter what you think, you cannot totally escape jetlag.
- Belgian waffles are delicious and basically function like donuts in Canada and the US.
- All bread found in Belgium is amazing.
- People really like their sandwiches here. And they are made on baguettes so why wouldn’t they?
I was going to upload a photo with this post, but the uploader is not working so you’re just going to have to wait!
2 Responses to Live from Belgium
So if they don’t give you water for free, is it a common practice to carry a water bottle around? Also, now I have a couple of food items I want to make, just need a recipe and I should be good.
Keep up the great work with the blog, I found it through the harp videos and I really enjoy them both.
It seems like plenty of people carry water bottles, and lots of people just buy bottled water.