Hello from Richmond!

Hi everyone,

My name is Lawrence and I live in Vancouver, BC.  I currently work in Richmond teaching secondary Science and Math.  This is now my 8th MET course, having finished the required ones (500, 510, 511, 512, 520), and some electives (530, 540).

As a math and science teacher, I have a lot that I’m hoping to gain from this course.  I feel that I’m rather fluent in technology and I’d like to see it become better integrated into my teaching.  I’m hoping that more insight into how technology is developed and used will be very helpful in identifying useful, innovative technology.

In my past, I spent two years living in Japan which was an amazing experience.  And as hobbies, I’m interesting in technology (computers and the like), photography, and running.

I’m looking forward to working with everyone and (most likely) seeing some familiar names again!

-Lawrence

1. Hi Lawrence,
    Integrating technology into my practice is my number one, as well. My ongoing issue is that to date, adding in the technology has been adding on to my workload. I am hoping to find ways to take some stuff off my plate, too!
    Cheers,
    Dana

2. Hi Lawrence! I recognize your name from a previous course, looking forward to sharing ideas in discussions once again. It looks like this course will be right in your alley of math and science!

3. Hey Lawrence!

I’d also say teaching English in Japan for two years was also an amazing experience for me! I learned how to snowboard there of all places! I also happened to meet my now wife out there when we both without knowledge of each other embarked on the our way to Tokyo for the JET orientation.

Like you I feel I have fluency in technology as well as math/science subject matter independently of each other, but how the two co-exist is something I’m really looking forward to learn from this course!

Looking forward to working with you!
    Vibhu

4. Happy New Years Lawrence. Yes, integration and pedagogical strategies shall be the emphasis in the course, with tools being explored and shared with each other. I look forward to your contributions as the course unfolds, Samia

5. Hi Lawrence

Great seeing you in another course!

Hopefully we can learn about integrating tech with sciences and math as we have in past courses.