Hello from Hamilton!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Kirsten and this is my 8th MET course. I am also in ETEC522 as well as 521 (wish me luck!). I took the last semester off so that my husband and I could backpack India, Nepal and Portugal for 2 months. Now we are back and I am ready to (try) and finish my MET!

I am an Elementary teacher with Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board in Hamilton, ON. In my ‘spare time’ I love to travel, read, explore the outdoors and spend time with our families in Orillia, ON. My husband and I also have just finished flipping our first house and are moving on to our second flip for a summer project in our hometown. That being said, it’ll be a very busy summer but I’m hoping to accomplish all of my goals so that come September I can focus solely on teaching again!

STEM is very big in my board and so I am looking forward to learning more about how to incorporate it into my classroom in a non-traditional way (Inquiry perhaps?).

I look forward to learning and working with all of you!

Kirsten

1. Congrats on being so close to the end. I was happy to read I was not the only one taking 3 courses this term. Your backpacking trip must have been amazing.

Derek

2. Hi Kristen,

I’m from Barrie and know Orillia very well. I look forward to hearing more from you. Your school board has a very good reputation. I’m curious what direction they are heading toward with STEM.

Maureen

3. Hi Kirsten.
    This is also my 8th course, and I also teach in Hamilton. I am at Guido de Bres Christian High School. Your trip sounds very interesting. Looking forward to working with you.
    Dave