Rip.Mix.Feed.Remix – My attempt at using JayCut

For this assignment I tried using a new resource – JayCut.  For the most part it was pretty painless.  It merely took seconds to set-up an account.  The most challenging part with it was how long it took to upload media to my account.  It was rather long.  Thankfully I had other things to do so while I was uploading images I was able to do other things (multi-tasked).

The video I created was from old pictures taken on a family vacation to Maui in 2007.  My brother got married there so my family, my sister’s family, my brother and his wife, my mom and friends all made the journey.  It was pretty cool to vacation with so many people.  I really enjoyed this assignment because it brought back some good memories – can’t wait to go back!!

I am no expert so be nice in your critiques – Ryan

This entry was posted in Rip.Mix.Feed and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Rip.Mix.Feed.Remix – My attempt at using JayCut

1. danny says:

Hi Ryan,

great job on the video. My wife and I honeymooned at Maui, and I ended up making a video on Movie Maker to the same song. (Maui is pretty awesome, I was missing it while watching the video).
    JayCut seems like a much easier way to post a video for other to use (I hated using Movie Maker by the way).

2. I haven’t tried JayCut. Does it have the option of adding video? I like movie maker because I am used to it but also because it has lots of options for customization. I use it in my classroom to do digital storytelling. The most annoying thing about movie maker for me is that teh different versions are not compatible so if a student uses the older versions at school, they can’t complete a project at home.

3. I really like the pictures, Ryan. It looks like a great adventure 🙂