Greetings To All

Hello everyone, my name is Anne Winch and I live just north of Barrie, Ontario. I am an intermediate teacher (7/8) in the Simcoe Country District School Board and have been a classroom teacher for 15 years. This is my 9th course in the MET program, so just one more and I will be done! I am hoping to complete this and be done by the end of this year. As I work with older students in an elementary setting (I teach all the subjects) I am hoping to find ways to integrate science and mathematics into other areas as well as integrating technology within the subjects. Over the years I have found many programs and ideas that have helped me move my teaching practice forward with this, and that have engaged the students in their learning practice.

Teaching is a second career for me. I am married with two adult children. I love to learn new things in different ways, read copious amounts whenever I can, enjoy the outdoors – both summer and winter – and have a variety of hobbies from oil painting to crochet. I am looking forward to meeting new people, seeing familiar classmates, and continuing my learning.

1. Welcome Anne to ETEC 533. I understand that Simcoe county is a beautiful part of Ontario. It will be interesting to hear how you have worked with technology in your classroom as we begin our classroom discussions this week. Best wishes, Samia

2. Hi Anne,
    There are a few of us that are on the 9th or 10th course— congratulations! I happen to not be one of those who are, but one day… one day… one day… What has been your favorite elective, if you don’t mind me asking? ~Dana 🙂

1. It is difficult to say which is my favourite elective, but there are two which I thoroughly enjoyed: ETEC532 on the role of Arts in technology and ETEC540 Reading and Writing. Now I am at the end, it is difficult to find ones that I will enjoy and haven’t already taken. I am hoping there is a good one available for me to take in the summer term as my last course.

3. Hi Anne,
    In terms of MET we are practically neighbours. I live in the Niagara Region, so a quick trip up the QEW and 400 highways 🙂
    I look forward to working and learning with you this term. Good luck choosing your last course. I know this term there is a new course on assssing and evaluating online learning that interested me, but alas I only needed this course to be finished and I have been waiting to take this one since the beginning of the program.
    Good luck,
    Catherine