I tried to sneak the rip.mix.feed activity in amongst a few others, thinking that this time, I could just whip something together, have a little fun, and voila, Presto! A beautiful little project thrown together with professional effect. But no. Once again I learn that I am still a newbie to all this stuff and that if I think it will take 1 hour, I should budget a good 5 – by which I mean 10.
At any rate, I set out thinking I should try something new (double time budget right there), so I randomly chose Webslides (it said it takes ‘minutes’) from the rip.mix.feed wiki site. I was appreciating the flexibility of the MET program & reflecting on it for the breadth of experience it offers while also being incredibly flexible by mere factor of being online. This served as inspiration for my story.
I wanted to use a variety of material, ripping from public sites, commons and from my own material. To be fair, I felt my own material should still be ripped from the web, so I had to figure out how to get it all public – move some of my walls, so to speak, while keeping others intact. That took some time, as did compiling my audio. I wasn’t able to find a background music to accompany my voice under terms I was happy with with remaining time willing to invest at this time (sorry – you get to listen to just me). Then, the audio file is imported in without the capability to line it up with the slides. I did the best I could on this – again with time I felt was sensible to invest in this aspect of the project – going back and forth to edit and try to line things up, uploading & deleting and re-uploading as I went. In the end, I don’t think it’s too bad. This is what I got.
Time-permitting, I’ll try another with another tool.