The Changing Spaces of Reading and Writing

New technology, old concept.

Nokia OLED Scroll Laptop

Nokia has developed a laptop called the OLED Scroll where the screen rolls up like a scroll.  You would unroll the touch-sensitive screen to use it. 

Check it out at: http://www.markpascua.com/2008/09/23/nokia-scroll-oled-laptop/

1 Drew Ryan { 10.14.09 at 3:59 pm }

Ashley, my first thought is, “Wow, how cool is that!” Then a millisecond later I think, “Boy, I would wreck that so quickly!”

Cheers,

Drew

2 Laurie Trepanier { 10.14.09 at 6:47 pm }

I think I could use this when traveling. Something small and lightweight to take on the road and in the plane. I just wonder how durable it isÉ

Laurie

3 Ed Stuerle { 10.15.09 at 7:25 pm }

If it incorporates a keyboard and touchpad I’ll take two of them.

4 Erin Gillespie { 10.16.09 at 5:29 am }

Excellent. I’ll start designing a line of “scroll keepers” now. What about the “mini scroll”, like a purse sized notepad? It could be as slim as a pen!

5 Bruce Spencer { 10.18.09 at 2:45 pm }

Can we skip the keyboard touchpad thing and move on to voice command… you know where you talk to your scroll and have ‘it’ do all the writing (grammatically correct sentence structure first time every time) and surfing (where do you want to go, what is it you want to find, what do you want to do with it sort of thing) for you.

I’ll have one in blue please.

6 Ashley Jones { 10.18.09 at 4:55 pm }

I believe that it is also voice activated! Its definitely an interesting concept!

7 Natalie Giesbrecht { 10.21.09 at 8:55 am }

Voice activation seems like it would be needed as it looks a bit fragile! It seems portable enough though- but think about all the people sitting on a bus talking at their scrolls. Perhaps worse than cellphones!

I like Erin’s idea of purse size. I’ll take one, just to see what the hype is about 🙂

8 Lindsey Martin { 10.27.09 at 2:09 pm }

That is funny! My first thought: how ridiculous is that??? Because, there was a reason why we went from scroll to book right? I’ll stick with the “book scents” mmm that new book smell!!