The IDRN aims to be a network of development researchers who advance insightful, integrated research that effectively influences decision-making.
- Facilitate collaboration amongst development researchers across social, geographic and disciplinary divides.
- Ensure well-informed decision-making on issues relating to international development.
- Ensure a prominent voice for graduate students on issues of international development, both within the research community, as well as in decision-making, public discussions and institutions.
At UBC, IDRN aims to fulfill its mission by:
- Creating opportunities on campus that foster vibrant conversations across disciplines.
- Building an online community of researchers and practitioners.
- Providing online resources that help people to connect, network and collaborate.
- Expanding awareness about development issues by hosting a variety of learning opportunities.
- Connecting researchers, practitioners and policy makers and facilitating knowledge sharing and collaboration between them.
- Acting as a hub for the creation of similar student-run groups on other campuses in the Global South and North.