- Who runs IDRN?
IDRN is a grad student initiative funded by the Liu Institute’s Scholar Program. The organizing committee is primarily comprised of grad students, with an advisory board of faculty and practitioners.
- What are your immediate goals?
We want to generate a robust dialogue within the UBC community, as the basis for effective future outreach and networking beyond UBC (inter-university, community, NGO, government).
- What kinds of events can I expect?
As we gain momentum, you can expect to see regular panel events, workshops, field debriefings, reading groups, movie nights and more.
- Who may attend IDRN events?
We hope to attract as diverse an audience as possible, including students, faculty, research staff and practitioners.
- What can I do?
- Sign up to receive information on future events and opportunities.
- Come out to IDRN events.
- Mention us to your friends and colleagues, and encourage them to come out to events.
- Coming soon: Sign up to post your research profile as a member of the network
- Volunteer to help us build! Opportunities include website development, copy-writing (website content), recruiting, event coordination, UBC networking, international networking, finance and organizational development (formal structure and constitution).