The Changing Spaces of Reading and Writing

Rip.Mix.Feed using PhotoPeach

I chose to document my hiking trip to Torres del Paine, Chile for this assignment in PhotoPeach: http://photopeach.com/album/nu40ux. My husband Mark and I travelled there in December 2004 and completed a 65 Km hike that was a really amazing journey! I chose PhotoPeach because I had used it before in my last MET course and liked how it allowed me to add captions, select music to go along with the photos, and I liked how the photos sort of dance on the screen. I also liked the fact that I could tailor the speed of the slide show to ensure that it wasn’t too slow and would be over before the music finished.

I chose the song “Gold in them Hills” to accompany the photos because the lyrics speak of the importance of appreciating all things in our lives even when life is getting us down and being hopeful too. There were days during the hike when it was a tough slog, but I kept on going and felt very inspired by the beauty of the scenery. Also, on the last day of the hike, we got very close to the “Torres”, the steep granitic towers which made the hike even more worthwhile. They really were the “gold in them hills”.

1 Catherine Gagnon { 11.17.09 at 1:43 pm }

Wow Maureen! It makes me feel like I need to get out more.

I will try photopeach as soon as I get a chance. I could see this being used not only in the classroom but for those ubiquitous slide shows that show up at weddings and graduations.

Thanks.

C

2 Deb Giesbrecht { 11.17.09 at 2:50 pm }

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Deb

3 Ashley Jones { 11.17.09 at 5:22 pm }

Beautiful photos! Thats a great way to share them with your friends and family. Thanks!