Dave Symonds

Google Translator Toolkit - 번역

This is a photo posted by a flickr user of an English website translated into Korean using Google translate. I chose this image because I think the instantaneous translation of texts and languages into other texts and languages constitutes a giant leap in what is already a very fast-paced increase in global communication, and the intricacies of translating text (and speech) from one language to another are particularly interesting to me, as I’m an English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teacher in Seoul, South Korea.

This is my 7th MET course, and I’m excited to be focusing on the interplay between text and technology specifically. I’ve enjoyed every other MET course I’ve taken thus far, and looking forward to embarking on another 3-month educational journey with all of you :)

This entry was posted in Introductions. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Dave Symonds

1. Lynette Manton says:

Hi Dave,

Nice to see you again. I can’t remember which course we shared though! I am an ESL instructor and I am also fascinated in the way technology is changing communication.

Lynette

2. Angela Novoa says:

Hi Dave,

Nice seeing you again. Great image! For me having Spanish as my native language this can be very useful :)

Angela