Digital Storytelling

Storytelling here

Hello Everyone! My name is Juliana and ETEC 540 is my 8th course.

I have had a very varied career. I have worked as a research technician in the biotech field and I have also worked as a biosafety associate in the laboratory safety field. I have also completed my Bachelors in Education degree in Secondary Science.

I have recently taken ETEC 565 and through this course I was introduced to Digital Storytelling. In this activity, we were supposed to create a story that also had an educational aspect to it. This was an activity that I thought would be fairly easy to do, but to my surprise I found it to be the most challenging and yet rewarding part of the course. I have written stories and I have created various types of lessons, but I was surprised at how difficult it was for me to merge the two together. I hope to explore this aspect of education in this course and I also look forward to perhaps creating interactive fiction. This is the first time I have heard of the term interactive fiction and I hope to explore it a little bit more.

This entry was posted in Introductions. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Digital Storytelling

1. Angela Novoa says:

Hi Juliana, nice meeting you. Storytelling are great activities. Last semester we had to work on digital storytelling on ETEC 565, and it was amazing, I really enjoyed it. looking forward to work and learn with you! Cheers,

Angela.

2. Lynette Manton says:

Hi Juliana,

Nice to “see” a familiar name! Telling that digital story was both challenging and rewarding.

Lynette