The Power of Text

I had a hard time coming up with something for this topic. Obviously, the meaning of text is easy to look up and gather a definition but I was searching for something that was stronger than just a definition. I searched and search the Internet to find an image or a video that depicts this but to no avail. I had no trouble coming up with something for my technology definition; being a technology teacher makes the task far easier.

Then I remembered a Hallmark commercial I saw several years ago that was quite powerful in dealing with literacy. After some consultation with colleagues and some more Google searches, I found the video I was looking for. I think it depicts the power of being able to understand text and/or the powerless feelings those who are illiterate must feel our society that is surrounded by text.

Please watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1bmhJqUar4

This entry was posted in Text. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to The Power of Text

1. Steph says:

I also chose ‘The Power of Text” and a commercial to illustrate it…check out Parisian Love on Youtube by Google.

2. Dennis Pratt says:

Very powerful. One would miss so much if they could not read. I could not imagine.

Thanks for the posting!

Dennis