Greetings from Marjorie

Marjorie enjoying a sunny summer day at Canada Place

Summer 2009 at Canada Place in Vancouver

Greetings Everyone!

My name is Marjorie del Mundo and this past summer, I have been working as an Educational Programmer with UBC Student Development to help create the Discover Your Major tutorial for undergraduate students in the Faculty of Arts. The project is nearing completion and after this, I hope to take a trip to Hong Kong for my friend’s wedding at the end of the month (and meet a couple MET’ers F2F for the first time), enjoy a bit of a break from the world of work, and focus more on school.

ETEC 522 and 540 mark my eighth and ninth MET courses – countdown to May convo!  Unlike many of you, I do not have formal teaching experience and until a few months ago, I have worked in marketing and more specifically, graphic design. Feel free to view my designPortfolio + eduPortfolio. In this course, I hope to explore business ideas in relation to interaction design and educational technology.

It’s great to see some familiar and new names here and I look forward to collaborating and sharing ideas with you all!

Marjorie

1 comment

1 Ed John Stuerle { 09.10.09 at 12:01 pm }

Hi Marjorie,
Nice to put a name to your face. Perhaps we’ll end up working together again.