Hi from Byron.

Hi All, I’m Byron Kask, and this is my 5th course in the MET program. I am a teacher at Robert Bateman Secondary School in Abbotsford, BC. I teach 3d animation, web design, Photoshop imaging, and yearbook. It’s my fifth year teaching these classes, and I’ve been busy reworking my courses with all that I’ve learned in this program so far.

I’m a family man with 3 kids, a four year old son, and two daughters, 2 and a half and 9 months.

Some of my outdoor interests include sailing, camping, fishing, biking, and gardening. Inside I like to eat those veggies I grew and drink the wine that the fruit turned into, play with my kids, and play the occasional round of Battlefield Heroes.

I’m really happy to be part of this group, and I look forward to working with all of you.

Cheers, Byron.

Byron

1 Amy Frank { 09.10.09 at 7:31 pm }

Byron, I may need some advice on surving the course with three small kids. You seem like the pro- you even have hobbies! I would love to know all you know about animation and web design. That is an area I am going to try to focus time on once I am through this program!.

2 Byron Kask { 09.13.09 at 7:13 am }

Amy,

Life is super busy trying to juggle it all. The nice thing with an online course is that it can fit in where there’s space, but really it’s challenging. In fact, I’ll probably be taking a break after the January classes. If you’re looking to get started in animation, I’d recommend Blender, as it’s free and there are lots of resources.

Cheers, Byron.

3 Jay Dixon { 09.13.09 at 9:36 am }

Hey Byron,
Great to be in another course with you too. Congrats on hitting the 1/2 way point with the course work!
~Jay