Jim says Hi

Jim RichardsonGreetings MET heads,

I am excited to return to the MET program after a one year hiatus.  This is my 6th course and I am looking forward to investigating the entrepreneurial side of educational technology.  I introduced a wiki as a pilot project last year with some success www.iicc.pbworks.comand will be posting the clinic syllabus and guide in this format over the remainder of the term. I am also researching two different clicker systems. The highlight of my summer was canoeing the Bowron Lakes circuit with my 15 year old son.

I am a Clinical Assistant Professor at the UBC Faculty of Dentistry and have been teaching there since 1999 in PBL, clinic and preclinical simulation modules.  Recently I have assumed responsibility of coordinating our 112 3rd and 4th yr clinical dentistry students, 6000 patients and 200 or so part time faculty. Any other cat wranglers out there?

Jim

1 Amy Frank { 09.10.09 at 7:29 pm }

Hi Jim! It is nice to see you again. I haven’t been in a course with you for awhile, so it will be nice to “see” you around again!

2 Brian Powell { 09.11.09 at 11:44 pm }

Hi Jim. I’m over in the Faculty of Medicine in supporting mostly undergraduate medicine program delivery mostly online. We’re also using iClickers.

3 Stuart Edgar { 09.12.09 at 10:43 am }

Hello, Jim.
My wife and I did the Bowron Lakes circuit this summer too.
I’d also describe it as the highlight of my summer.
Stuart

4 James Richardson { 09.14.09 at 7:27 am }

Just got back from a fabulous reunion at Whistler this weekend so I was incommunicado.
Nice to see you too Amy.
Stuart, what dates were you at the Bowron? We were there July 6-14.
Brian, we are comparing iclicker to PRS. We purchased ~100 PRS clickers the year before UBC switched over to iclicker. grrrr!