Two useful pitch resources

The two linked resources below come from TechCrunch.

The first is about enthusiasm and its importance as an element of a product or service pitch. Apple CEO Steve Jobs is the poster child for this resource.

The second is a recipe of sorts that you may wish to consider as you begin to assemble your own pitch for assignment 3 in this course.

This week you have been critiquing pitches, a task that I suspect that you will find more straightforward than crafting your own. It requires a great idea, organizational agility and presentation talent to build and deliver a compelling pitch. Do you have the right stuff?

d.

1 comment

1 Omar Ramroop { 09.19.09 at 9:42 am }

Hi DavidP,

Thank you these resources. I find the first one to be very interesting as it uses real world examples and organizations such as Apple and Twitter to truly solidify the importance that passion and enthusiasm has on the success of organizations.

The following quote from the article (Siegler, 2009) really captured that significance of passion:

“Certainly, if you look at it from the outside, the concept of Twitter was something that was just as likely to be a complete failure as it was a success. But the people running it and even the newest employees have a passion about it.”

I would encourage everyone to take a look at the Apple Analysis Video of their pitch from the first link. It is a quick video that really captures the essence of using “strong, positive vocabulary” in a business pitch.

Thanks again, and I am sure the second resource will come in handy for the venture assignment.

Omar