Intersection

Paper Bits sketches
Photo: “Paper Bits Sketches” by Josh DiMauro. This photo is Creative Commons licensed: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)

Hello all! I am seeing a number of familiar names in this course so it will be very cool to reconnect as well as make some new connections. I am embarrassed to say that I did not heed the warning in Module 1 about not spending too much time search through the flickr photos. This is why I am posting this on Saturday, not Thursday :-).

Anyway, I chose this image because, although I wasn’t sure exactly of the image I wanted, I did know that I wanted one that captured visually some kind of intersection of text technologies and I think this one does. Here is a bulletin board, which was designed for the public posting of paper based texts, filled with quick response (QR) codes, which are a relatively new invention that usually point people to the actual message in digital form. I though it was a provocative because it is a snapshot of the life of two kinds of text containers; this snapshot shows one intersection of each of text’s evolutionary paths.

My name is Jim Cash and this is my 8th course in the MET program. I am also taking ETEC522 this fall. This is my final academic year in the program and I am anxious both to get started and to complete my studies in the spring. I am one of nine educational technology resource teachers in my board and am responsible for supporting teachers in 45 elementary schools. I consider my role to be a crucial one because I firmly contend that technologies employed in the learning environment will have a significant effect on learning only if they are used within a solid instructional design. The way the teacher uses the technology is the key variable.

This entry was posted in Introductions and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.