Kim

Work with schools : class visit, showing one half of large r...

My favorite part of the day in my classroom was when we would sit down and share a really good book. Early in my career I made a pedagogical decision to read aloud in my classroom each day regardless of the age of students I taught. I not only wanted to share my love and joy of reading with them but my love of learning.

I started taking courses five years ago this month. My goal was to enhance my skills and thinking in the area of educational technology so that I could collaboratively work with staff and students to share my love of learning. I finished a Diploma in Teacher Librarianship and Adult Education. Later this academic year I will finish my Master of Educational Technology. I could never have imagined five years ago where this journey has meandered.

Flickr has so many pictures to enjoy. I chose to share this picture for three reasons. The first reason is that the space is a public library fill with books. The second reason is that the library is also filled with school children. The third reason is that the picture represents the technology at the time it was taken. When I look at it I realize how much has changed in the physical space and technology of the 21st century library.

There is so much that has changed in my career, the introduction of the Internet, computers in the classrooms, digital projectors, interactive whiteboards, iPods, kindle… the list continues to grow at an exponential rate. I love working with students and teachers to navigate these new digital territories as we discover new ways to think, learn and grow digitally.

This entry was posted in Introductions. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Kim

1. Lynette Manton says:

Hi Kim,

So we finally meet again! My first class and one of my last. Awesome.

Lynette

2. kimprobable says:

Hi Lynette,

It is fate! :)

Kim