About

an unusually nice candid of me

Who are you?

I’m Courtney! I’m in my fifth year of UBC Kinesiology (woo for victory laps!). I was part of the 2012-2013 UBC Blog Squad. I live in Burnaby, and I commute back and forth from school and work each day.  I dance, play curling, and draw. Sometimes, I raise my eyebrows when I think hard. Not to say that I’m not thinking when I”m not raising my eyebrows. Oh, sod it.

You can find me hanging out in the Centre for Student Involvement, snoozing on the 84 bus, or madly dashing from one end of the campus to the other! If you ever see me, feel free to say hi 🙂 I love meeting new people!

Cool cool cool, but where are you now?

I’m completing my final co-op term at NewPort Village Chiropractic, and then I will be on my way to graduation! Are you frightened? Because I am.

You can connect with me by tweeting @courtnechan. I’d be pretty down for that.

And this blog?

The title of this blog—A Small Fish in a Big Ocean—was inspired by the fact that there are a lot of students at UBC, and that I’m only one of them. A fun-sized fish in a school of fish. Erm, does that make sense? Look here, Glenn explains it best.

This is a personal blog. That means there’s a lot of me going around— what I’ve done, what I like, what I think. Of course, there’s a lot of UBC-related topics too (which is why I’m here)! My posts can also be found on the Blog Squad home site, along with the rest of the Blog Squad. I’m trying to get back to updating regularly, so check back every few days! and if I don’t… well…

Alice in Wonderland Advice

Alice in Wonderland advice