Visiting the ESPs at UBC

Bahaha the title of this blog post rhymed.

One of the Google inquiries that people use to find this blog is “how good are counselling services in brock hall”. I didn’t have an answer to this before, but now I do!

Today, my friend Michelle and I finally went to Brock Hall get our scholarship stuff sorted out. Just a heads up, you go to the Information Centre for that stuff. We figured that out after a lot of wandering around the building for a while.

While we were there, the lady helping Michelle asked if she had time to meet her Enrolment Services Professional, otherwise known as her ESP. Michelle said yes, and then we waited around for a couple of minutes until her ESP, Catherine showed up (I’m pretty sure that’s what her name was, and I’m just going to use the traditional spelling).

She talked to us about what her job was as an ESP, and how she (as an ESP) could provide information and help with non-academic issues. She also talked about getting involved and reaching out to our professors and our student development officer Robyn Leuty for opportunities.

Although Catherine’s not my ESP, I think I benefited from meeting her. She reminded me that there are lots of resources at UBC that you can tap into, and there are lots of people who are willing (and often wanting) to show you the way to do so.

So it’s true—the counselors, if you’d like to call them that, seem to be pretty darn helpful in Brock Hall.  🙂

For more information on Enrolment Services Professionals, look here.

One response to “Visiting the ESPs at UBC