Sean’s Elevator Pitch for My Words

This was fun (sort of). I enjoyed the writing, mixing, and editing part; but once I started publishing, good old Windows Movie Maker kept hanging on me. I eventually figured it out. Unfortunately, it’s not as smooth as I orginally had planned. Comments most welcome!

Here’s my elevator pitch:

YouTube Preview Image

1 Sharon Hann { 12.01.09 at 1:05 pm }

Good audio visual pitch. I did find the background music distracting, but that might be just me. I would like to see this platform in action as a self editing tool. Language learning is often about real life appilcations and this seems to address that. I would love to test it out on my (imperfect) french conjugation – is there a french version coming? 🙂 Good pitch, informative and I see the potential uses for classrooms, corporations and individuals which sums up to a nice large market. Sharon

2 Jeff Laird { 12.01.09 at 8:49 pm }

Dynamic, interesting pitch for a high-growth market. Definitely makes me want to learn more; I would probably be even more driven if their was a breif mention of how your product is different from all the other language learning programs out there (though I know it’s hard to cover everything in 30 secs)

3 Greg Lewis { 12.01.09 at 9:52 pm }

Interesting and useful tool – given international students and secondary schools/higher learning, this seems to promote a product that many would be interested in. Lots to see but I know how hard it is to get the point across…in just 30 seconds. The word “authentic” stuck with me and this might be a hook for other “investors”.
Cheers, Greg

4 Sean McMinn { 12.03.09 at 1:30 am }

Sharon, Jeff, and Greg,

Thanks for the feedback; much appreciated. The music can be distracting — you’re right, and I’m regretting having that in now. I was also frutrated with the suond quality of my voice …

It is difficult getting everything in within 30 seconds. Jeff: good point about adding some comparison in there. I didn’t and should have.

5 Byron Kask { 12.03.09 at 3:26 pm }

Sean,

Looking at the elevator, I found that you were able to cover a lot of content and stick to the 30 second allotment. I’ve had very little to do with anything ESL/foreign languages, so I’ve got nothing to compare this product to. I think that the MS Office plugins will make this product more attractive. Could you have included plugins for “all major office suites?” Either way, I’m impressed.