I’m back and the holidays are here!

Hullo, world!

I’m alive and well. I survived my finals!… but barely. My last exam (the final final on the 19th) got cancelled because of the heavy snow (by Vancouver traffic standards). The busses couldn’t get up the hill to campus, and traffic was chaotic, and there were people who had to walk uphill to UBC, and it was just not pretty.

I got lucky and my mum drove me to school. It took us two whole hours to get from North Burnaby to the bus loop of UBC.  Thankfully, I was there early and I had time to grab breakfast and meet up with a friend before heading over to the Scarfe building for my exam. When we got there, however, other students in our class notified of the recent announcement that our exam was cancelled. Slightly dejected, my friend and I went on our way home. It was okay because he drove that day and I was able to catch a ride with him. We have to write that exam the first Sunday after school starts. booooooooooo.

Apart from that one mishap, though, I suppose the end of my first semester at UBC went pretty smoothly. Hurray for winter break!

One response to “I’m back and the holidays are here!