Module 8: Collaboration Technologies Wiki

Hey folks,

If you want to follow the changes everyone is making to the Collaboration Technologies Wiki entry you can subscribe to this RSS feed:

http://wiki.ubc.ca/index.php?title=Collaboration_technologies&action=feed&feed=rss

Ian, Sean, Ernie, & Jen

1 Erica T { 11.04.09 at 4:53 pm }

I have to admit that was my first time contributing to a wiki… I struggled a bit with the formatting, but now I can add it to my list of another collaborative tool that I have actually tried.

2 Sean McMinn { 11.04.09 at 8:02 pm }

Hi Erica,

I’m glad that you found the activity useful. Other wikis, I think, are a bit easier because they use the WYSIWYG format, such as PBwiki and Wikispaces.

This brings me to an interesting question: Why did UBC choose MediaWiki over the others, since the coding involved to format a page could potentially scare off people? Anyone know?

Sean

3 Barrie Carter { 11.08.09 at 2:45 pm }

Hello Group 8:

This UBC wiki has a wealth of great collaborative sites. I will definitely explore them so that I can introduce one or more of them to my students, for educational and personal use.

I believe that students should be exposed to collaborative learning and collaborative sites.

Thanks for including this wiki activity.

Cheers,