A3 Criteria

Dear Davids,

Does A3 have to be done on the same company as A1?

Just wondering.

Jen

1 Ernest Pao { 11.04.09 at 7:29 am }

Thanks for asking, Jen! I was wondering about that too. I couldn’t find anything within the criteria that said A1 and A3 had to be linked assignments. Though I’ll probably be doing my pitch on the same company (or one of them anyway), it would be nice to have some options.

Ernie

2 davidp { 11.04.09 at 11:27 am }

Not a requirement to use the same company. In fact, you may even want to pitch a company concept of your own.

DavidV may wish to comment further.

d.

3 David Vogt { 11.04.09 at 5:47 pm }

Thanks, DavidP – correct!

In fact, while piggybacking your A3 on your A1 is OK I would suggest that this should only happen in special circumstances (such as that you’re already working very closely with this product or company and have a very particular interest in it). Normally I would say it will be more difficult to offer a ‘clean’ A3 if you’ve chosen the same topic as for A1.

And yes, we’re looking for you to dive into uncharted territory here, so a totally new venture (either entirely fictional or something you’ve been thinking about) or a venture that extrapolates fictionally from an existing enterprise, are generally the best bets.

Please don’t hesitate to email me if you have specific questions.

DavidV

4 Jay Dixon { 11.05.09 at 7:02 pm }

Thanks for the clarification. I’ve been thinking about having some fun applying what we’ve learned and diving into the new venture territory with a ‘fictional enterprise’.

5 jennie wong { 11.06.09 at 3:49 pm }

ETEC522,

Thanks for the feedback and it has given me a few choices.

Jen