Barrie’s ‘Old School’ Elevator Pitch

A Scripted Pitch on E-ducativa:

Me: “Hello.”

You: “Hi.”

Me: “Have you heard about E-ducativa?”

You: “No. I haven’t.  What is it?”

Me: “Well, let me amaze you! E-ducativa is a provider of learning platforms and open source systems for the Spanish and the South American school market.”

You: “So? What does that have to do with, at least, the Canadian or the North American markets, let alone the global market?”

Me: “Ah, excellent question! In fact, I was hoping that you would ask.  However, for me to REALLY pique your interest, you will have to view my PowerPoint presentation on E-ducativa.”

You: “Oh, I get it! This is an investment pitch! Sort of like ‘bait-n-hook’”.

Me: “Yes, this is an investment pitch.  But, no! This is not ‘bait-n-hook’.  This is bait and invest!”

You: “Well, I’m all about investing and making money.  So, yes, I will check out your PowerPoint presentation.”

Me: “Good! After all, as investors, we are all looking to make a return on investment!”

1 Noah Burdett { 11.30.09 at 9:04 pm }

You do capture my attention, your humour is appreciated. I feel that the question answer does provide a hook for the investor. Perhaps a bit more information about what would be in your PowerPoint. For ex. my PowerPoint will show you how…. meets……

Noah

2 James Richardson { 12.01.09 at 9:22 pm }

Hi Barrie,

The dialogue approach is refreshing but I tend to side with Noah in that there is not quite enough meat on the elevator version. A brief reference to market size, or your venture’s expertise in Spanish/Portuguese would have made it more seductive. Ole

Jim

3 Omar Ramroop { 12.02.09 at 9:35 am }

Unique and refreshing idea for an elevator pitch. As others have mentioned, a little more in the expertise area or information about a dire market need would have made it just a little more convincing.

I still found it to be quite entertaining, though. To revise and add a little more information would make it that much better.

Best,

Omar

4 Barrie Carter { 12.04.09 at 9:40 am }

Hello Noah, James, and Omar:

Thank-you for your feedback; I appreciate it.

Indeed, you have brought forward good suggestions, which I have noted in my original document.

Lastly, thank-you for taking the time to view and to comment on my pitch.

Cheers,

Barrie

5 Ana Cecilia Tagliapietra { 12.04.09 at 5:22 pm }

Hello Barrie,
As Noah and Omar, I would have liked to see at least a hint of what we were in for… probably integrating a “hook” reagarding the profile of the venture would pull investors’ full attention to your proposal.
Coming from Mexico, I’m intrigued on your proposal and its impact in the Spanish- South American market 🙂