Hello from the Maritimes

Technology Contrasts

Hello from the Maritimes! My name is Riea Elder and I’m currently taking my 8th and 9th course. I’m at the home stretch and feeling pretty good about it. When I’m not sitting in front of the computer reading MET material, I’m sitting in front of the computer at work where I’m the provincial training manager for the Nova Scotia Electronic Medical Records program. I originally moved from Delta, BC 4 years ago with my two teenage children (16 & 17) so I’m enjoying the travelling that comes with my job, even if it’s visiting different hospitals within the province.
My son just graduated from high school and my daughter is in grade 11 so I’m seeing chapters closing in both my education and home life.

I chose this photo because I’ve been fortunate to be able to watch how technology and text has unfolded over the short years, condense and spread rapidly. I feel like I’ve been placed in an age where I am old enough to remember the pains of cursive; understand the patience of reply mail; and know the best place talk to friends over the phone without your parents overhearing yet young enough to know that I have a lot to discover in one single device that carries my life.

This entry was posted in Introductions. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Hello from the Maritimes