Summative rip.mix.feed in After Effects

I have posted my “story” on YouTube:  YouTube Preview Image

I was motivated to use After Effects and Premiere by Adobe as they are  applications where I can achieve a semi-professional result and polish.  I used After Effects for the special effects and text effects.  I will be using these tools more in the classroom so I wanted to build confidence with them.  Adobe Creative Suite CC has a one month free trial, so they are free to use under a limited term.  I used Flickr to source the photographs, used an open source website for the music and edited the entire piece in Permiere.

I wanted to give some summative thoughts on the course to date.  I find myself looking forward as opposed to looking backwards.  We can’t uninvent electronic text, so we have to learn how to live with it.  I wanted to explore how text and image can work together and not be in conflict with each other.

I want to learn how to use these tools more effectively.  Using the affordances of digital effects opens up the world to anything you can dream up in your imagination.  The affordance is the key draw back of the project.  Because you can do “anything” it is hard to limit oneself to one thing.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Summative rip.mix.feed in After Effects

1. lindsayn says:

Excellent video! What open source website did you use for the music?

Lindsay

2. maubanel says:

I found the music on freemusicarchive.org. Thanks, for watching the video and I am glad you enjoyed it!

3. Chenoa says:

Your video is very well done. The effects are aesthetically pleasing and create an interest to keep watching. I will be checking out freemusicarchives.org. Thanks for your video and hard work 🙂

Chenoa

• maubanel says:

Thank you very much. It was short but sweet – with all of these distractions we can’t make it too long anymore :-). There are many free music sources out there, as well as artwork.

4. msheidi says:

Hi Marc,

I like your moving forward approach. The technology has been invented and it is up to us to determine how to make the best use of it. Your video was a great example of how text and visual can be combined to deliver a powerful message. I am a fan of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator… After watching your video, I am curious to try out After Effects for myself. Thanks for sharing!

Heidi

• maubanel says:

The shot with the boy by the canyon was first done in Photoshop. I then animated it in After Effects. You can think of After Effects as photoshop for video and for creating animations.