Hello from London

TEXTING

I chose this picture because for me when I think about text and technology, I think about how easy it has become to communicate with anyone, at anytime, anywhere. This photo shows several people in the same area, but far enough apart, all communicating with someone. When we think about when we had limited technology before, you would write a letter, and eventually it would get to that person. We now call that “snail mail” because we find it easier to send a quick text. I remember even 5 years ago I was more likely to call a person than text them, whereas the complete opposite is true today. I think that sometimes that also isolates us from meaningful conversations and relationships at time, and can make you almost seem isolated, which this picture also shows.

As for me, my name is Danielle and I am a business teacher in London, Ontario. I’m currently teaching accounting, which is a big change as I’ve spent the last three and a half years teaching math, but enjoying something new. I am keeping really busy as I’m am creating two new courses that I’ve never taught before, I am taking 522 as well right now, and planning my wedding. This course and 522 are courses 7 and 8, and I’ll be taking 9 and 10 next term, and am excited to be finishing up my masters, although a little crazed and stressed currently.

I’m looking forward to working with all of you!
Dani

1 Response to Hello from London

1. Marc Aubanel says:

Ironically, if this photo was from 30 years ago they would be reading books, magazines or newspapers. But otherwise the photo would be the same 🙂