Kerpoof and Rip.Mix.Feed

I created a story using kerpoof.com. I was motivated to explore this application because of my final group project on graphic novel creation. I am always looking for new and engaging tools for story creation in my elementary classroom. Kerpoof.com offers a few different choices for story creation including Movie Making,Tell a Story and Make a Picture. Students are able to tap into their personal learning styles and find an entry point into their work no matter what level they are at. Something new on the kerpoof.com site is a mobile app. This would open doors for students to participate in knowledge building activities anywhere, anytime. Kerpoof allows for discussion connected to online safety and security as students do not give out personal information to be a member. Responsible digital citizenship is another important discussion that can arise from using this platform as students must make responsible choices when choosing to share their work with a global audience if they choose. The differentiation that is already built into this site for my learners was appealing.

I have created a story about teenagers and the impact of social media using the analogy of “snowball applications”. My story can be viewed at the link below.

http://www.kerpoof.com/#/view?s=2gs11ea@jgo3cgi1c000-d-4ce7e2-x

Some drawbacks I found with this program included the multiple steps to creating a story, saving it then finding it again when logging on again. There seemed to be an increased amount of time involved with loading the program each time a screen change occurred. Not sure how patient my upper elementary students would be with this many steps and waiting for loading. I do think it is a program worth investigating some more though as I found the more I worked with it, as with any program, the more savvy I became with creating.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Kerpoof and Rip.Mix.Feed