Making Connections

Through the different readings, discussions and assignments, I feel that I have a developed a greater understanding literacy, evolution of literacy practices, and the influence that technology has had on literacy. As a result I have a deeper awareness of the importance of digital literacy and mulitleracies.  I would have enjoyed perhaps more visual content in the course. I appreciated the opportunities for collaborative assignments and enjoyed working together with classmates in their completion. I really posting to the course Weblog  and participating in the Rip Mix Feed activity. The latter was a practical opportunity to not only explore some Web 2.0 tools myself, but to view the artifacts that colleagues created and their reflections on them. I have some new tools to now add to my ever-growing list of web tools to explore.

This is my final term in MET. I will be submitting my ePortfolio for 590 at the end of this week, which is both exciting and bittersweet. Time has really flown! Perhaps I will see some of you in May at graduation!

It has been wonderful to learn from and with all of you! I wish you all a wonderful break and holiday season, and best of lock in your remaining courses!

~Lauren

4 Responses to Making Connections