Rip.Mix.Feed

I came across an art lesson that mentioned Dumpr.net so I thought I would try it with my class and essentially kill two birds with one stone.  First, I took pictures of all of my students.  Second, I uploaded them individually into the “photo to sketch” section of Dumpr.  I printed each one and enlarged them on our photocopier.  Next, the students placed a blank piece of paper over their photocopy and with a sharpie, outlined their face, shoulders and features.  Lastly, they used water colour paints to paint sections of their portrait.  The lesson is from http://artiswhatiteach.blogspot.com.au/2010/05/6th-grade-pop-art-portraits.html.  Below is an example of the 3 steps.  I asked for student and parent permission before using their photograph and artwork.  For some reason when I used the “Photo to Sketch” application now there was an error so I used “Sketch Artist” to give you an idea what the photo turns into.  I loved how they all turned out and the students really enjoyed making their own “Pop Art Portrait”

3 Responses to Rip.Mix.Feed