By Julian Dierkes
Mongolia Focus is in its 8th year of existence.
We’ve continued to blog pretty steadily in 2018 with a total of 65 new posts this past year. Since July 2011, we’ve published at least one post every month for a total of over 570 posts.
Here are some highlights from Google Analytics:
- 15,000 users read over 37,000 pages
- readers are accessing Mongolia Focus from the following countries
- Mongolia 22%
- U.S. 20.5%
- Canada 9%
- UK 6%
- China 4%
- Australia 4%
- Germany 4%
- Japan 2%
- India 2%
- South Korea 2%
- Most popular posts
- Bulgan’s “How popular is Russian in Mongolia 26 Years After the Fall of the Soviet Union?” (2016; 1,600+ readers this year)
- “Turkish Attempt to Abduct Educator in Ulaanbaatar” (1,110+)
- Byamba’s “The Story of the Discovery of Oyu Tolgoi” (2017; 500+)
- “Parliament Challenged” (300+)
- The all-time most popular post is Bulgan’s language post with over 2,700 readers
- Overall, readership was down about 10% in 2018 which is most likely attributable to the fact that elections generate readers, in part because we’ve been very active in writing about elections, and 2018 was a non-election year.