By Julian Dierkes
This summer, we will celebrate the tenth anniversary of our blog, though one would have to be very hopeful that this will involve a reunion of our regular authors together in one place.
It will also be the 30th anniversary of my first trip through Mongolia in 1991.
— Julian Dierkes (@jdierkes) January 4, 2021
- Over 21,000 people read blog posts in 2020
- origin of readers:
- US 24.4%
- Mongolia 21.5%
- Canada 8.9%
- UK 5.3%
- Germany 4%
- Australia 3.6%
- China 2.3%
- India 2%
- Japan 2%
- France 1.6%
- We wrote 61 posts this year.
- Most read (1000+ readers) posts this year:
- Niels Hegewisch’ and my post on fascist symbolism and The Hu (3,900 pageviews)
- Bulgan’s “How popular is Russian in Mongolia 26 Years After the Fall of the Soviet Union?” (2016; 1,240+ readers this year)
- Bulgan’s early post on corona (nearly 1,000 readers)
- Since August 2011 a total of 150,000 readers have read 415,000 posts.